Punk Rope was created in 2004 by certified personal trainer, Tim Haft. A mash-up of recess and boot camp, Punk Rope is proof that a workout can be both insanely fun AND wildly effective.
Through word of mouth Punk Rope has grown to become the most popular rope-jumping based fitness class in the U.S. Classes have been taught at YMCAs, JCCs, Parks & Rec Centers, colleges, gyms, bowling alleys, art galleries, bars, and even the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame.
But Punk Rope is more than just a fitness class. At its core are the following principles:
1) Building Community: Punk Rope stresses teamwork, social interaction, and the power of the group both in and out of class.
2) Play Is Paramount: Through play we not only become fitter, but we also learn how to interact in a kinder, friendlier, and more peaceful manner. Play also engages our mind in important ways, helping us become more creative and better problem solvers.
3) Music Drives Movement: Music inspires, energizes, provokes, calms, stimulates, and the list goes on. We try to play music, which matters while recognizing and honoring the musicians who make Punk Rope possible.
4) Integrity Rules: We never make false claims about calories burned, weight loss potential, or health and fitness benefits. We respect the intelligence of our students and the public and have no interest in duping them with exaggerated statements.
In addition to the signature class that started it all, Punk Rope’s main offerings include:
- Workshops: expert instruction in a fun, attitude-free environment.
- Beastanetics Boot Camp: high-intensity, interval-training to the max.
- The Punk Rope Games: a day of competition, camaraderie, and costumes.
- The Punk Rope Challenge: a fitness program for children.