How to Size a Jump Rope
- Stand on the middle of the rope with one foot
- Pull the handles straight up making sure the rope is taut.
- For beginners, the top of the handles should reach close to the shoulder.
- For experienced jumpers, the top of the handles should reach the armpit or below.
- For double unders, the top of the handles should reach the nipple line.
- If the handles extend beyond your shoulders, your rope needs to be shortened.
- You can temporarily shorten many ropes by tying one or more knots below the handle.
- Rope length is impacted by rope jumping form. If you jump with your elbows far away from your ribs you will need a longer rope until you correct the problem.
- If in doubt, it’s better to get a rope that’s too long rather than too short.
- To permanently shorten your Punk Rope Jump Rope, watch the video tutorial below.
Rope Sizing Chart for Punk Rope Jump Ropes
Rope Sizing Video Tutorial
Click below to watch a video on how to size your “classic” Punk Rope jump rope.