- Stand on the middle of the rope with one foot
- Pull the handles straight up making sure the rope is taut.
- For beginners, the top of the handles should reach close to the shoulder.
- For experienced jumpers, the top of the handles should reach the armpit or below.
- For double unders, the top of the handles should reach the nipple line.
- If the handles extend beyond your shoulders, your rope needs to be shortened.
- You can temporarily shorten most ropes by tying one or more knots below the handle.
- To permanently shorten your Punk Rope Speed Rope, watch the video tutorial below.
- For double unders, the rope should be shorter. Experiment to see what works for you.
Punk Rope speed ropes come in 4 sizes and can accommodate jumpers up to 6′ 5″.
The chart below is for Punk Rope speed ropes only. If you purchase a rope from another manufacturer please consult with them regarding sizing since handle length and how the cord is positioned within the handle makes a world of difference.
SPEED ROPE SIZE | JUMPER’S HEIGHT
Large | 5′ 11″-6′ 5″
Medium | 5′ 4″-5′ 10″
Small | 4′ 9″-5′ 3″
Extra Small | up to 4′ 8″
Click below to watch a video on how to properly size your Punk Rope plastic speed rope.
Click below to watch a video on how to properly size your Punk Rope cable rope.