How to Size Your Jump Rope
- Stand on the middle of the rope with one foot
- Pull the handles straight up making sure the rope is taut.
- For beginners, the top of the handles should reach close to the shoulder.
- For experienced jumpers, the top of the handles should reach the armpit or below.
- For double unders, the top of the handles should reach the nipple line.
- If the handles extend beyond your shoulders, your rope needs to be shortened.
- You can temporarily shorten many ropes by tying a knot below the handles.
- You can permanently shorten a Punk Rope jump rope using the snap lock mechanism.
- If in doubt, it’s better to get a rope that’s too long rather than too short.
- Click here to snag our 74-minute rope jumping DVD.
Rope Sizing Video Tutorial
Click below to watch a video on how to size your Punk Rope jump rope.