Sweat With a Smile
Thanks for teaching me the art of Punk Rope. You have been an inspiration to me to follow my dreams. I still work my day job, but am doing all I can to turn fitness into a career.
- Certified personal trainer by the American Council on Exercise (1998)
- Certified Level 1 USA Track & Field Coach (2001)
- Certified Resist-A-Ball stability ball instructor (2000)
- Certified USAFIT Marathon Coach (2000)
- Find an activity you love and stick with it, but don’t be afraid to try new challenges.
- You only get one body per lifetime so treat it with respect and devotion.
Most memorable fitness achievement
At the age of 50 I joined the Twin Towers Wrestling Club in New York City where I had the pleasure of grappling with some former Division 1 college wrestlers. During the course of two months I bruised my ribs, injured my spleen, sprained my wrist, and nearly broke my nose. But at least I got a great workout at every practice.
Quote to live by
“If you can’t fly, run; if you can’t run, walk; if you can’t walk, crawl. But by all means, keep on moving.” —Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
Best live music experience
I saw John Cale perform at New York University on December 5th, 1992, a day before my 32nd birthday. During the encore, Lou Reed and Sterling Morrison joined Cale onstage so I had the good fortune to see three quarters of the Velvet Underground play live. What a treat, considering I was just a little kid during their heyday.